Apple Mac High Sierra Bug FixGeekheads Team
Here’s How to Temporarily Fix the macOS High Sierra Bug That Gives Full Admin Access to Your Mac.
A newly discovered bug in macOS High Sierra enables the root superuser on a Mac with a blank password and no security check, essentially giving anyone full access to your Mac.
Apple is likely already working on a fix, but in the meantime, there’s a temporary workaround — enabling the root user with a password. Here’s how:
- Open System Preferences
- Choose Users & Groups
- Click on the lock to make changes
- Enter your administrator name and password
- Click on Login Options
- Choose Join at the bottom of the window
- Select Open Directory Utility
- Click on the lock to make changes and enter your username and password
- At the top of the menu bar, choose Edit
- Select Enable Root User